LINX® Reflux Management System
LINX® is a small, flexible band of magnets enclosed in titanium beads. The magnetic attraction between the beads helps keep a weak esophageal sphincter closed to prevent reflux. LINX® is the only FDA approved device to treat Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease.
The device is implanted around the weak sphincter just above the stomach in a minimally invasive procedure that typically takes less than one hour. Placement of the LINX® System does not involve significant alterations to anatomy and can be removed during a laparoscopic procedure similar to the implant procedure. Patients are placed under general anesthesia and unlike the Nissen Fundoplication, patients are started on a solid diet soon after the procedure. After surgery, patients usually return home the same day.
Clinical study results showed after LINX treatment:
- 91% of patients achieved freedom from daily GERD medication
- 92% of patients achieved significant symptom improvement
- 100% of patients eliminated severe regurgitation
- 99% of patients eliminated daily sleep disruption due to heartburn
- 94% of patients were satisfied with their overall condition
Results were published in New England Journal of Medicine.
Patients should consider Laparoscopic Reflux Surgery when:
- Conservative and medication-based therapies no longer control GERD symptoms
- Despite medication treatment, GERD is causing developing complications
- Unusual GERD symptoms such as asthma, sinus problems and chronic cough are uninhibited
- Long term medication therapy is not cost effective or conducive with a patient’s lifestyle.
The LINX® Reflux Management System provides a new opportunity for patients who are dissatisfied with their current anti-reflux regimen. One that combines the benefits of traditional laparoscopic surgery while minimizing the potential risks by taking advantage of new technology. Contact us today to discuss your options for GERD treatment.
For additional information regarding the LINX® Reflux Management System, please visit www.linxforlife.com