General Surgery and Weight Loss Surgery in Ft. Myers, Florida
Whether you need the help of weight loss surgery in your struggle against obesity or suffer from another condition like acid reflux, the expert surgeons at GI Surgical Specialists can help. Dr. Peter Denk and Dr. Steve Siegal specialize in minimally invasive and non-invasive surgical procedures that maximize safety and comfort while reducing recovery time.
Weight Loss Surgery in Ft. Myers, Florida
If you’re obese and have struggled unsuccessfully to lose weight, you may be a candidate for weight loss surgery. GI Surgical Specialists offers several options for weight loss surgery in Ft. Myers, including:
- Gastric Bypass. Roux-en-Y gastric bypass has been performed worldwide for over 50 years. It generally takes under two hours to perform. The procedure consists of making a small stomach referred to as the gastric pouch. The small intestine is rerouted, diverting food past the majority of the stomach and a small portion of the small intestine.
- Sleeve gastrectomy. This weight loss surgery is also known as the gastric sleeve procedure and reshapes the stomach into a much smaller tube to limit the amount of food you can eat. Like LAP-BAND, sleeve gastrectomy helps you feel full faster to help you lose weight. Minimally invasive sleeve gastrectomy in Ft. Myers will reduce your risk of infection and not require any medical devices in your body.
- Endoscopic Sleeve Gastroplasty (ESG). Endoscopic Sleeve Gastroplasty (ESG) is a purely endoscopic procedure with no incisions or stomach stapling that reconstructs your stomach into a smaller chamber. It is an outpatient procedure that offers significant weight loss results with lower risks of complications and shorter recovery time.
- Endoscopic Bypass Revision (TORe). This revisionary weight loss surgery is for patient of gastric bypass whose stomach pouches have stretched over time, which can potentially result in weight regain. TORe is performed without external incisions or scarring and usually in an outpatient setting.
Medical Weight Loss in Ft. Myers
For those who need a more conservative way to lose weight, GI Surgical Specialists offers medical weight loss programs. An individually tailored Ft. Myers medical weight loss program can help you lose weight with nutritional and behavioral counseling, calorie-controlled diets and the support of a dedicated medical weight loss staff.
Reflux Surgery in Ft. Myers, Florida
If you experience chronic heartburn or acid reflux in Ft. Myers, you may suffer from gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). GI Surgical Specialists offers reflux surgery to resolve GERD and symptoms like acid reflux and heartburn. These reflux surgeries are minimally invasive and successfully resolve symptoms in nearly 90 percent of cases.
Minimally Invasive General Surgery in Ft. Myers, Florida
GI Surgical Specialists offers advanced, minimally invasive surgery for a variety of procedures, including:
- Abdominal surgery
- Appendix removal
- Colon and rectal surgery
- Diagnostic procedures (upper endoscopy, colonoscopy)
- Gallbladder removal
- Hernia repairs
- Laparoscopic pyloroplasty
- Pancreatic surgery
For more information on procedures for general surgery, medical weight loss, weight loss surgery or reflux surgery in Ft. Myers, contact GI Surgical Specialists today.