General Surgery and Weight Loss Surgery in Ft. Myers, Florida
Whether you need the help of weight loss surgery in your struggle against obesity or suffer from another condition like acid reflux, the expert surgeons at GI Surgical Specialists can help. Dr. Peter Denk specialize in minimally invasive and non-invasive surgical procedures that maximize safety and comfort while reducing recovery time.
Weight Loss Surgery in Ft. Myers, Florida
If you’re obese and have struggled unsuccessfully to lose weight, you may be a candidate for weight loss surgery. GI Surgical Specialists offers several options for weight loss surgery in Ft. Myers, including:
- LAP-BAND. This gastric band procedure is a highly popular type of weight loss surgery that works by restricting the amount of food you can consume to help you shed excess weight. Choosing LAP-BAND in Ft. Myers has many advantages: the procedure is reversible, requires no permanent anatomical changes and causes less discomfort and downtime than other procedures.
- Sleeve gastrectomy. This weight loss surgery is also known as the gastric sleeve procedure and reshapes the stomach into a much smaller tube to limit the amount of food you can eat. Like LAP-BAND, sleeve gastrectomy helps you feel full faster to help you lose weight. Minimally invasive sleeve gastrectomy in Ft. Myers will reduce your risk of infection and not require any medical devices in your body.
- ROSE. This revisionary weight loss surgery is for patient of gastric bypass whose stomach pouches have stretched over time, which can potentially result in weight regain. ROSE is performed without external incisions or scarring and usually in an outpatient setting.
Dr. Denk has also developed the WiFi procedure, which is used to simultaneously treat obesity and acid reflux. Like ROSE, WiFi does not require external incisions.
Medical Weight Loss in Ft. Myers
For those who need a more conservative way to lose weight, GI Surgical Specialists offers medical weight loss programs. An individually tailored Ft. Myers medical weight loss program can help you lose weight with nutritional and behavioral counseling, calorie-controlled diets and the support of a dedicated medical weight loss staff.
Reflux Surgery in Ft. Myers, Florida
If you experience chronic heartburn or acid reflux in Ft. Myers, you may suffer from gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). GI Surgical Specialists offers reflux surgery to resolve GERD and symptoms like acid reflux and heartburn. These reflux surgeries are minimally invasive and successfully resolve symptoms in nearly 90 percent of cases.
Minimally Invasive General Surgery in Ft. Myers, Florida
GI Surgical Specialists offers advanced, minimally invasive surgery for a variety of procedures, including:
- Abdominal surgery
- Appendix removal
- Colon and rectal surgery
- Diagnostic procedures (upper endoscopy, colonoscopy)
- Gallbladder removal
- Hernia repairs
- Laparoscopic pyloroplasty
- Pancreatic surgery
For more information on procedures for general surgery, medical weight loss, weight loss surgery or reflux surgery in Ft. Myers, contact GI Surgical Specialists today.